Writer
Who else would it be?

Name's Wendy, and I have a boyfriend called Calvin. We're so different that it's amazing. Birthday's on 3rd April. Life feels very much different these days. Appreciates little things in life.

@Facebook

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Dreams
Immature

- Own a house of my own
(life long dream)

- Grow fingernails
(and stop biting them! -.-)
- Traveling
(like once a year?)
- Collection of toys
(collection is growing!)
- LCD TV
(so that I can watch tv as and when I want)
- An Oven
(eh, I like baking one hor)
- Get NuBra!
(for quite obvious reasons)
Comments
Crap w. me



Friends
Stories every other day

Andi Arman Pam Jess KJ Metta JingSi Gary Bro Dodo Tracie Nana JunYing YuLian Caroline Kaslyn YiChun Xavi Robin Ekin SuPing

Affiliates



Plurk!

Plurk.com


Archives
May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / April 2009 / May 2009 / June 2009 / July 2009 / August 2009 / September 2009 / October 2009 / November 2009 / December 2009 / January 2010 / February 2010 / March 2010 / April 2010 / May 2010 / June 2010 / July 2010 / August 2010 / September 2010 / November 2010 / December 2010 / January 2011 / February 2011 / March 2011 / November 2011 /






8:33 PM - Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'M VERY SORRY FOR THE MIA!

I hope people are still looking for updates! It's been a very hectic week ever since I came back from Japan. Much things have happened and I really wanted to blog about it but I didn't have the time! Even I have, I didn't have the pictures with me! Ahhh!

Anyway here I am. I try to include as much information about the Japan trip as possible. I seriously wish I could share it in detail with all my friends!


It's been a fantastic trip. I love Japan and didn't want to come back despite the bad weather. Yea it was raining 3 out of 6 days but it didn't stop our trip from getting along! It was horribly cold of coz, hotel room no need on air-con one. LOL The people on the tour were great, kiddos to my tour leader Mark, who was really nice as a tour leader really enjoy him company and a few other nice friends I made along the trip. Melissa, who happened to be my Jap Sch student, Nicholas, a nice photographer and had a nice sense of humor who is older then Calvin by a year, Jeremy, who is a bit like us (Square Enix siao), Jim, who was also a friend of my beloved ShanYun, whom I sort of know before I met him because I was looking for a web coder back then. He rejected my project and also rejected my resume to enter his company (Sozo) as HR. There are others who made the trip enjoyable too. I guess common interest really can bond people together!

I didn't want to come back seriously. Sigh.

Total damage? Close to 6k. That's because I looted many many many rare toys in Japan! Really proud of myself. :D

Tokyo Anime Festival wasn't really much things for me to get information from. We just took a lot of photos. Since everything else was in Japanese and we can't really understand, we're only there to see stuff. It's almost like the AFA we had in Singapore, except much bigger and way much more people. The que was horrible!!!


there must be 33254356567 people here in the que! Words simply cannot describe how long it is. I think half of Singapore's population.

There was one incident where we wanted to get this upcoming anime "Heroman" bag, that we had to snatch them off from the people who were giving them out! I grap like 3 la, and I feel really bad. There were a lot of people wanting the bag too. So I went behind the crowd and tap at any random Japanese people and handed them my extras. AWWW! They look really happy!! I feel so happy to see them happy la!

There are lots of photos but I very lazy to upload la. :(

I even managed to enter Square Enix Gallery!! OMG! I never expected myself visiting the Gallery so soon but yea! I went over with Calvin, Melissa and Jeremy on the first day of the Anime Festival. Since we have two days there, we have more time we wanted to do outside. Thus, we decided to head over to the Holy Land.









Overall the place was small but it's definately worth the experience. Felt so happy there!

I feel that Lucky Star Shrine is pretty plain. Nothing much to see except their wish plates they hang at the entrance of the Shrine. The plates weren't ordinary wish plates, they drew manga on them! Really good drawers!







We did a visit over at the Pokemon Centre too. Totally felt like a kid again after that. The game, you know when you enter the Poke Mart? The music? They were playing it, totally feel like you're in Poke Mart like in the game can! Esther, one of my tour mate, had a special appearance on TV too, coz it's her birthday. Everyone in the store said "Happy Birthday" to Esther after the video was played too.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=380758807033&ref=nf

This is the video Alex uploaded in Facebook. :D






Hmmm, Akihabara was not bad, though it had a lot of toys, anime stuffs, maid cafes, I was expecting MORE. LOL. Electronics was still majority in this town. Of coz we had Danny Choo to bring us around and he's really a nice guy. Sat in front of Calvin during lunch, and he had his Kagami figu sitting next beside him. He said it was his first time in a maid cafe. He look like Jim! Even Yoshimi said that! We bought a lot of stuffs in Akihabara, thanks to Mandrake, a major toy shop in Japan!








Didn't fancy much in Shibuya and Harajuku. I'm starting to think that I'm weird. I dun shop for clothes in Japan. D:


But there's Shui Ge almost everywhere!

I've been to an on-sen! It means Hot Spring in Tokyo! Oedo Onsen Monogatari. It's apparantly the most famous On-sen in Tokyo. They deny entry of people with tattooed bodies. So it's very sad that my bf couldn't come along with us. :( It was such an experience. Everyone was so shy about being naked in front of one another. Actually, me and Yoshimi were ok one. But the rest were so shy that it's making us shy too. Outdoor Hot Spring very shiok! It's like your body in warm water and it's supper cold from your neck upwards! Hahaha!




http://www.ooedoonsen.jp/higaeri/english/

For anyone who wants to take a dip there. :D

Well another place worth mentioning is Ghibli Museum. The in house movie changes every year I heard. So I managed to watch this year's movie, and as usual, their creativity is awesome. Expected from the people who made Howl's Moving Castle and Ponyo! The whole place features sights where you can actually find in their animations itself. Too bad we couldn't really take photos inside. :(





Last but not least.

We head over to Tokyo Tower.




Calvin proposed there. With everyone's help. :) It was really sweet. Upon reaching there, I felt like everyone was a bit weird. No one really wanted to talk to me. So I just mind my business and took photos. Then Calvin said "Dear..." and started to when he got onto his knees I was like what the hell you doing? I told him dun play liao get up. (LOL because he always like to do such things ma I didn't know when he's serious or not) Then he took up a very simple ring and asked "Will you marry me?" Then everyone started clapping that I knew wat was going on. I was rather shy and jokingly asked why is the ring pearl and not diamond. LOL. It was when the crowd asked what my answer will be that I say "Yes I will."

Then suddenly we both like super stars I almost got blinded by all the lights from cameras flashing at me and calvin. D: Then I realised actually almost everyone on the trip knows he's gonna propose, took the effort to buy a fake ring to subsitude the real one, even having Tony, our local tour guide to bring us to Tokyo Tower before we head home. (It wasn't in the itinerary somemore!)

Plus, Jimmy videocam the special moment. Which probably cost so much if I were to get someone to record it. Thanks Jim! I'm not gonna post it up here. You can watch it if you come over to my wedding! ^^

So as you guys see, this trip is rather special to me. I was really happy there that I really didn't want to come back to reality. After I came back, I seem to feel that I have lesser time with Calvin, and I really miss the times we had everyday in the past together. Now we're separate, couldn't really see each other everyday, it just make me feel terrible sometimes.

Our tour was documented by Jim. You can see some articles from Danny and Yoshimi.

http://ferlynyoshimi.blogspot.com/2010/04/tokyo-ani-tour-report-part-1.html

http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/25551/Akihabara+Tour.html#landscape

I didn't upload all my photos. It'll take me like forever. If you're interested visit my facebook for more. :)

We had mini trips outside after we reached the hotel. We camp over at other people's room to talk and chat and see what other people looted during the trip. We made our way to 7-11 to get some snacks and met an angry drunken ang mo fool who actually wanted to beat us up thinking we're Japanese. lol



Our loots in Japan. I'm a proud girl

Ok other then Japan I have other things to talk about too.

I'm missing Lassie like everyday. I tot about her when I was at work. Thought about her when going home. Tot about her when I see Sugar.

Lassie is currently at the hospital. Something happen when I was away, her leg gave way during her check up with the vet. Now she's staying there for free because the vet felt it was her responsibility, told me that if I were to visit regarding her leg it'll be free. I just hope Calvin get his license soon. Well the vet has been taking care of Lassie ever since, and I'm glad because her other problems were almost gone too. I just can't wait to bring her home.

Work has been.. quite a worry to me. I'm thinking of studying part time mid year but I didn't really want to continue after my probation anymore, I am hoping our toy business will be successful so that I could actually help out and study at the same time. Maybe this feeling will go away. Maybe I just feel empty without my bf around.

Oh yea, toy business is on the way. Look out for us! ToyCoin! Design is on the planning, website programmer is hiring. People sending in resumes feels kinda weird la. It feels like I need to find the right person and right attitude. Maybe I can get Caroline the expert to interview my candidates? LOL

See! I need like 2 hours to blog and upload photos! Grrr.